Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Water Is Life!☺
We understand this is a stressful time for our community and for the households we serve. Please know that we are here for you and are committed to taking all steps necessary to maintain safe, reliable water service.
You can continue normal use of tap water.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends that Americans continue to use and drink tap water as usual.
- COVID-19 has not been detected in drinking water supplies
- According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): “Conventional water treatment methods that use filtration and disinfection, such as those in most municipal drinking water systems, should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.” The World Health Organization adds that the “presence of the COVID-19 virus has not been detected in drinking-water supplies and based on current evidence the risk to water supplies is low.”
- Handwashing using tap water is critical to preventing the spread of COVID-19. CDC and other health organizations recommend frequent handwashing for at least 20 seconds each time.
- Remember that your toilet should not be used as a trash can. Do not treat other items like toilet paper. Please do not flush paper towels, “flushable” wipes, napkins, tampons, cotton balls, dental floss or other substances. Flushing non-biodegradable items can result in backups and overflows.
If you do not know your account number call the office 803-943-1006. Once you answer a few questions we can provide you with your account number.
For after hour emergencies call 803-942-9261.